Freedom Folks

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Freedom From Religion?

This just in: Navy Chaplains' not allowed to pray in Jesus name!

Thank goodness for government bureacracy and it's unceasing efforts to keep us safe from that dang Jesus fellow.

Navy chaplain Gordon James Klingenschmitt is now on a hunger strike. He announced the hunger strike in front of the White House, here's an excerpt...

“During these holidays people practice many diverse faith's but it seems the war against Christmas has taken a turn for the worse, and now it’s become a war against the name of Jesus himself. I am a Navy Chaplain that may soon be kicked out of the Navy because I pray publicly “in Jesus name.”

Admirals from the Pentagon, claiming to speak for the President of the United States, have already stripped me of my uniform and forbid me to pray in Jesus name in public unless I’m wearing civilian clothes.

The Chief of Navy Chaplains told me in writing that if I pray publicly “in Jesus name” that I’m denigrating other faiths. That same week he told the Washington Post “we never tell chaplains how to pray,”because we don’t want to violate their First Amendment rights. His public statements and private statements contradict.
Go here to read more.

We can't back this one a hundred and ten percent as yet, but it smells true.