Freedom Folks

Friday, March 03, 2006

Lullabies for Lost Souls

A few days back I posted on my outrage over the fact that there is such a thing as National Abortion Providers Appreciation Day (this Sunday, March 5th). I still can't believe that anyone, no matter how hardcore "pro-choice" they are, would think that abortion or anything to do with it is a reason to throw a party that includes "dance and merriment" -- their words, not mine, folks...


Pomegranate Radical Health Collective will be hosting a party to raise funds to send "thank you" presents (cards, flowers/plants, candies) to abortion clinics for the National Abortion Providers Appreciation Day! There will be cards to sign and sample letters to the editors, dancing and merriment, a raffle ($1 tickets with prizes such as vibrators donated from Early to Bed, "look at your cervix!" kits, various zines, and snacks.
As angry as this blase attitude toward the murder of unborn children makes me, I am stopped in my tracks when I think about all those little ones who will never get their chance to live and breathe and dream and aspire and experience life on this earth.

So I called the local Chciago police precinct today to let them know I was planning to protest this repulsive celebration. I'm calling it "Lullabies for Lost Souls," and while these heartless sickos dance and make merry, I'm just going to stand outside and sing lullabies for all those lost souls who were never given the chance to have their mothers sing them to sleep.

Because someone should.

** If you're in Chicago and want to join me, or just make sure you never spend your money at the place that is hosting this crap...The Mercury Cafe, 1505 W. Chicago Avenue, Chicago (Sunday, March 5th, 6-9 p.m.) ***

Technorati Tags