Freedom Folks

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

What's the REAL Dirty Word?

The Pledge of Allegiance (Moonbat Version)

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America (except on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays, when I am too busy burning it; and except on Tuesdays & Thursdays, when I am too busy sticking up for people who want to smear it with excrement, urine, semen and/or any other vile, disgusting, putrid or offensive substance, and call it "art"; and except on Saturdays, because I don't wanna and you can't make me; and except on Sundays, when I am so exhausted from my Monday through Saturday "activities" that I need a day of rest BUT IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION!) and to the Republic (HEY! Did somebody say Republican? 'Cause I thought I heard somebody say Republican. Well, whatever they said, IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!) for which it stands (not if I can help it), one Nation (not if I can help it) under God (Noooooooooo! It burns! IT BURNS!), indivisible (did I say not if I can help it?), with liberty and justice for all (except the Republicans).

Seriously...I'm more than a little confused by this whole Michael Newdow-Pledge of Allegiance thing. Is he just trying to get the "under God" phrase removed from the pledge, or get the pledge removed from the schools?

I get that Dr. Newdow's inner aetheist wants the "under God" phrase to go far, far away. I actually don't have a big problem with that. We got along just fine without it until 1954. But it seems to me that this case is being used to try to kick the whole pledge out of the classroom (read entire article
here):

"Karlton, ruling in Sacramento, said he would sign a restraining order
preventing the recitation of the pledge at the Elk Grove Unified, Rio Linda and
Elverta Joint Elementary school districts in Sacramento County, where the
plaintiffs' children attend."
What really bothers me is that it seems like a backdoor way to take us here:

"The order would not extend beyond those districts unless it is affirmed by the
9th Circuit, in which case it could apply to nine western states, or the Supreme
Court, which would apply to all states."

Houston, we have a problem. Since when is schoolchildren pledging allegiance to America a bad thing? Immigrants do it as part of becoming citizens. The military does it. Cops do it. The president does it. Can anyone tell me what, exactly, is wrong with promising to be loyal to your country? What is so terrible about promising not to work against the country you call home? What is so unpalatable about pledging to stand as one nation, with liberty and justice for all, rather than being divided?

Well, I guess I should be glad that I don't get it. If any of it made a lick of sense to me, I suppose I'd be a moonbat my own damn self.

I allowed my sarcasm free reign to write the "amended" pledge at the beginning of this post. But I'm still left with my original question: what is the dirty word...God? Or allegiance? What actually frightens me is what I think they would REALLY have the pledge say -- the promises they'd REALLY like to make to America -- what they'd REALLY be comfortable standing up for:

The New & Improved, Left-Wing Moonbat Pledge of Allegiance
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Yep. That about covers it.