Freedom Folks

Friday, January 20, 2006

Code Pink Hijacks Brave Moment in History

Check out the before and after photo from Code Pink's website banner over at Michelle Malkin, who found it at Publius Pundit.

I sent the following expression of my feelings on the subject to Code Pink:

I am 100% behind your right to have and freely speak your opinions, just as I appreciate my right to do the same.

Which is why I was so appalled to see the banner on your website, where you have taken a photo of Iranian women protesting the Islamic leadership of their country and altered it to further your own political agenda. The original photo captured a stirring moment in history when women stood up for their rights in a country where it is far harder to do so than in ours. You insult the bravery of those women by adding your own tinge -- both the message and the pink -- and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

I sincerely hope you will take the banner off your website and offer those women a public apology for hijacking their moment of courage.
These chicks give chicks a bad name.

As seen @ Michelle Malkin