Freedom Folks

Monday, January 02, 2006

FF Bookworm's Corner


This is a shameless steal from our pal Gunner @ Tanker Bros. I can't have folks thinking this Tanker fellow reads and I don't :)


I received "My FBI" for Christmas and found it overall a very enjoyable read. Mr. Freeh proves an able pundit and engaging storyteller as he traces the odd twists and turns that placed him at the helm of the FBI during the Clinton debacle and 9-11.

One great story involves a snitch who managed to drop his recording device on the floor while in the washroom with a mafioso. He quickly explained to the dim-witted Don that the device was his pacemaker.

As an entertaining tale this is a fine book, but I was left with questions.

I wish he had addressed wome of the questions he had to know were buzzing around in the ublic consciousness. But at the end this is a fluffy recounting, not a serious attempt to reveal hard truths.