Freedom Folks

Monday, March 27, 2006

When Smart People Comment

Found @ Wizbang who has a good piece on this subject.
I live four miles away from the home I grew up in. The local high school was 94% white in 1978. All the restaurants had waiters and cooks. The service stations had attendants and the hospitals had nurses. In 1979 the Mexican economy went into free fall and almost collasped. The illegal-immigrants flooded north. The Governments of Mexico and the USA let them. The illegals made Los Angeles the second largest Mexican city in the world. My children grew up in a world so completely different from the one I was raised in I sometimes feel like I am living in a different country. I have gone days on end without hearing english spoken in the streets. The local high school is now 80% hispanic. When my son was child he was one of only 6 english speakers in his kindergarden class of 40. A huge bond measure was passed to ease school overcrowding. I will be paying those bonds for thirty years so that Mexico can get rid of their surplus poor population. Each child of theirs enrolled in school eventually costs a minimum of $120,000 to educate. If they are ever going to pay that much in taxes, then they are not holding down a job nobody else wants. I know they work hard. They still cost me a fortune. The insurance rates are sky high because of illegal immigration. Three members of my family were rear ended in auto accidents by hispanics that fled the scene or provided forged documents and fled. You can imagine what has happened to our car insurance rates. A friend's wife had a stroke and it took his doctor over and hour to find an emergency room who could take her, they were all filled with illegal immigrants who use the emergency rooms as their personal doctors. With our insurance, we had to pay, on average, $3000 out of pocket to cover the delivery each of our children. A bargain given the level of medical care they were given. The mexicans for the most part pay nothing. They have been taught to simply put down incorrect addresses on the forms and they will never get a bill.

Immigration and illegal immigration do help some people in America, but there is a huge cost that is passed on to others, who don't always get the benifits.

The sad part is, we don't need any new laws, all we need to do is enforce the ones still on the books. I have written letter to all my elected officials asking which laws I get to break. I am still waiting for one of them to give me the list.
Posted by: tyree at March 26, 2006 09:55 AM
Technorati Tags: , ,