Freedom Folks

Friday, July 14, 2006

More on Hazleton

Jake posted this last night. My source is Ely Times and County.

Illegal immigrants seeking to make a home in this northeastern Pennsylvania city could face barriers to finding a home and job after the city council passed one of the nation‘s strictest ordinances to fight illegal immigration.

The ordinance, designed to make the city one of the most hostile in the country for illegal immigrants, passed on a 4-to-1 vote after two hours of passionate debate.
I don't see a problem. What does the word hostile mean? Unwelcoming. ILLEGAL aliens are not welcome in this country...that's why we have laws defining who is.

This quote wins the dummy prize:

Carolina Taveras, a 30-year-old naturalized citizen from the Dominican Republic who moved to Hazleton from New York City a year ago, said the mayor‘s proposal has made her feel unwelcome.
Let me get this straight -- she is a naturalized U.S. citizen who feels unwelcome because a town is cracking down on ILLEGAL immigration? Would someone in the vicinity please, please, please smack these people upside the head with a large, smelly fish?

We're talking about ILLEGAL immigration here, folks. ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL. Say it with me: I L L E G A L.

I'm tired now. I think I need a nap.

Technorati Tags
Illegal Immigration * Hazleton * Barletta