Freedom Folks

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Okay, This Is Just A Little Freaky

Source: wapo

So I'm reading this article about the guy who places the wreaths at Arlington every year around Christmas time and I come across this...
Then, a few months ago, the e-mails started. Maybe you got one: a heart-wrenching yet elegant image of Worcester's wreaths, each adorned with a simple red ribbon, resting in front of seemingly endless rows of identical gravestones on a snowy day at Arlington. Beneath the photo, a few lines of poetry:

"Rest easy, sleep well my brothers.

Know the line has held, your job is done.

Rest easy, sleep well . . . "
Those few lines of poetry sounded rather familiar, seeing as, well, I wrote them, see here. (actually I wasn't certain I had until I checked, but, yep)

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not upset that I wasn't credited or anything, and truth be told, I'd almost rather it be anonymous. If the attention should be fixed on anybody here it should be on our fallen heroes.

Still, it was kind of cool to stumble on something I'd written in the Wapo!