Freedom Folks

Saturday, October 29, 2005

ILLEGAL Immigration: Pissing Off The Base For A Few More Votes

I was reading this by Chris kelly at the immigration blog. In it Chris blogs about Senator Frist and his *NEW* tough talk regarding ILLEGAL immigration.

I'm not holding my breath!

What is the great love affair between our elected officials and ILLEGAL immigrants, I'm finding it a little hard to understand. I know that businesses want slave labor, but they always have. Anybody remember the child labor laws? I know soft headed lefties just love ILLEGALS, perhaps because they feel they deserve slaves. But why do our elected officials love ILLEGALS more than their own citizens and electorate.

Would somebody help me understand this. The leadership of the Republican Party is currently pissing off its base on this issue. The stated reason seems to be to garner *NEW* votes from the Hispanic community. What happens to these *NEW* votes when people get pissed enough and start screaming en masse for ILLEGALS to be tossed out?

Anyone?