Freedom Folks

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Hiding Behind The Flag?

While protesting tonight an older gentleman walked by. He glanced at our signs and then stopped dead in his tracks with a patented "who waved a dog turd under my nose" look on his mean old liberal face.

"Disgusting! You know your disgusting." He bit out each word like he really meant it before walking away. It was too good to last.

"You know your disgusting, right?" He queried again as he angrily strode past.

"That's just like you right wingers, your hiding behind the flag." Well, if you look here you can plainly see that I'm far to big and fat to hide behind much besides, maybe, a mack truck. ( you have to scroll down a little bit, I'm the chappie gripping a flag like I want to bonk some Anarchists in their pointed noggins )

However, on a more serious note, somebody remind me what exactly is wrong with proudly holding up our countries flag? No, seriously. When did it become Malum in se to simply drape a flag over your shoulder? Or, what other symbols of this great country am I prohibited from displaying?

Even worse, when did it become intrinsically bad to be proud of one's country? Did I miss a memo or something? Why am I always the last to find out about these things. Dammit people your supposed to keep me in the loop here, okay?

Besides, I'm not hiding behind the flag, I'm waving old glory for all to see. Don't like it?

Kiss my A&&