Freedom Folks

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Ward C. & Depaul Protest

We just got back from a protest at Depaul U. in Chicago.

We met this guy. He was a hoot! (pix on his site)

And we met this guy. Who's filming a documentary about Ward Churchill and was also a hoot. He also has the reasons why we were protesting tonight.

Joe Blewitt the head of the Campus Republicans led the charge and did an exellent job. We had a crowd of about twenty, which considering the short notice was pretty good.

I find it interesting that the whole Ward Churchill debate seems to focus on free speech. I don't think it's a free speech issue at all. I think this guy is a charlatan and a huckster and I'm very disappointed that a big name university would give him the time of day.

It just seems like they validate his loopiness by paying him to speak. I understand he's also chairing the conference tomorrow on "Human right for people of color." My question would be, what does he bring to the table?

Anyway, great protest tonight, you guys rocked!