Freedom Folks

Monday, November 21, 2005

Don Surber: In The Woodshed

I like Don Surber, it's no secret. Now I don't mean that in a "I want to bear his children" kind of way, though, god knows he's an attractive man. I enjoy reading Don and find his take on things level headed and enjoyable...

But (you saw that coming, didn't you?)

In his post "End The Mission Creep: Bring Them Home" I agree with almost everything in it except one thing. Let's take a listen--

However, as a Washington Post editorial points out today, it is time for a mature discussion on the matter.

The thing I think Don is overlooking here, and I'll presume it's an honest mistake, not his native 'media guy' evil leaking out, is that one of the parties is not capable of a mature discussion.

Here's a hint: It's not Abe Lincoln's party.

I agree that we are nearing the time to look seriously at bringing the troops home. However, the anti-war left is still slavering over a loss in Iraq, and I'm not ashamed to say they scare the hell out of me.

I think the primary reason President Bush has been so hesitant to reveal the good news out of Iraq is the gloom and doom chorus on the left hand side of the aisle. I don't think I'm alone in saying I think the Democrat Party is more interested in a humiliating defeat in Iraq instead of victory with honor. Rep. Murtha's asinine resolution last week only hardens my resolve to keep this issue away from the pussilanimous ninnies that people the Vietnam (peace at any price) party.

But hey that's just me, what do you think?

Linked @ Don Surber

Stop The ACLU

The Political Teen

The Tar Pit

Common Folks Using Common Sense (pithy folks, pithy!)

The Florida Masochist (redundant)

Outside The Beltway

third world county

Choose Life

bRight & Early

Jo's Cafe

basil's blog

Is it just me?

Bloggin' Outloud