Freedom Folks

Monday, November 28, 2005

Most Americans Don't Favor Capital Punishment

This just in: Anti-Capital punishment folks tell us most Americans do not support the death penalty.

The $ graf--

A Gallup poll last month showed 64 percent of Americans favored the death penalty -- the lowest level in 27 years, down from a high of 80 percent in 1994.

64% still sounds pretty righteous to me. Most politicians would kill for numbers like that.

I just wish these activist folks would stop telling me what I believe. I know exactly what I believe.

I believe in the death penalty. I believe the death penalty has a positive effect. I believe the death penalty is an important tool to show just how sacred we as a society hold innocent life.

However, let me repeat for the record.

I do not believe anyone should ever benefit politically from the death penalty. I think the death penalty should be reserved for actual slam dunk cases. The ones where the perp staggers out dripping in blood, gun in his hand and a bottle of Jack in the other.

When an individual has met these criteria, we should allow them to shuffle off this moral coil in an expedited fashion.

That is all, carry on.

***UPDATE****

The Political Teen has a killer quote from Jamie Foxx. Good actor, knucklehead on politics. Shut up and sing Jamie.