Freedom Folks

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

British Gas Fires: Al-Qaeda Connection?

Do you recall immediately after the gas explosions outside London how the authorities assured us it was most certainly an accident?

I have become more and more sceptical whenever a public official waves his magic 'don't worry wand' over the great unwashed and bids us go back to sleep.

Reading this story this morning one sentence leapt off the page at me.

The explosions came four days after an al-Qaida videotape appeared on the Internet calling for attacks on facilities carrying oil, but officials drew no link.

Mind you, they don't yet know what caused the explosions. I'm not saying it was Al-Qaeda, but I don't think anybody can say definitively that it wasn't either.

Gemma Shepherdson, a spokeswoman for Total U.K., which operates Buncefield, said security was tight at the depot, the fifth largest in Britain. She said the site was ringed by video cameras, and people have to enter through a security gate and show ID.
Uh-huh, I'm sure it was like the safe in Ocean's 11. This stuff is really starting to tick me off, I simply want government's in general to stop with the placating and just say what happened. Their not our parents, I don't need them to wipe my nose or bum, so why do they try to shield me from unpleasant news.

That's not what I expect from any democratic government.

I expect the truth.

What say you?

As seen @
Cao's blog (We love Cao!)

Adam's blog

Is It Just Me?

Stuck On Stupid

TMH's bacon bits

third world county

Diane's stuff

Rempelia Prime

NIF

Macstansbury

Right Wing Nation