Freedom Folks

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Hate?

Katie's Dad has an excellent Fisking of this article up over on his most excellent blog.

What's up with all these crazy smart bloggers, I'm feelin' a little beat up over here. The blogosphere still has a need for the ocassional smart ass...Right?

I want to focus on one peculiar paragraph, Pere katie handles the rest quite admirably.

It's tough. One senses a certain hatefulness, 21st-century xenophobia, in the anti-immigrant camp. Check the individual illegal immigrant and you often find a worker from a pitifully poor rural village, desperate for a better life, sending money back to family. He or she lives in constant fear of arrest and deportation, subject to raw exploitation by employers. Yet this so-called "illegal" may be more hard-working and responsible to family than many affluent, take-it-all-for-granted middle-class Americans.

Okay, now let me see if I understand this stinking pile of...goodness.

I am a died in the wool, unrepentant, hardcore advocate of law enforcement. It's that simple really, I'm all about the rule of law, to me that's no smirking matter.

But I'm told that I must hate the "Undocumented Migrants" if I aver my desire to see them removed from my country.

It ain't so, I have no beef personally against any of these folks, with the notable exception of those who graduate from simple criminal entry into this land to rape and murder. If you've entered illegally I don't like that, but if you're here illegally and commit heinous crimes pray to god you don't fall into my hands. Other than that I have no beef other than wanting to see you handed a delicious ham sammich and a southward heading bus ticket, and maybe a soda, we'll see about that one.

I'll tell you who I do hate though. People like the author of this article. People who twist facts, bend the truth and essentially manipulate any inconvenient fact to get the result they want. In this case he wants a continued supply of slaves for his corporate pals and uses some pretty slick rhetorical tools to achieve his sleazy ends.

I hate people who try to make me feel guilty for asking my government to keep me and my family safe from the predations of illegal aliens.

I hate those who attempt to impugn faintly with just the faintest hint of condescension that I'm a racist because I don't share their vision for America as a country safe for modern day slavery.


And most of all...

I HATE PEOPLE WITH HUGE DUMBO EARS! (not factual, but man it was fun to type that!)

Straighten up and fly right Mr Pierce, do you really support the continued importation of slaves...

I'm waiting.