Freedom Folks

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Legal Immigrants Support Illegals...

No really!
Dear Friends:

I m pleased and happy to announce that on May 1st, 2006, I became a Permanent Resident of the United States of America, eligible for Citizenship on April 30th, 2009.
As of right now, I no longer need a Visa to stay here, work, travel in or out of the country, own real estate, etc., etc.
It is very Ironic that the same day that I got my Green Card, there were protests nationwide. And though I couldn't have been happier for me and for my wife (whose efforts collecting information and evidence for the Immigration Service are finally paying off), I was enraged to see thousands of people protesting and rallying for the so-called "Immigration Cause". So here are my thoughts about it:

First of all, if you want to immigrate and want to be legal, RESPECT THE LAW AND COME THROUGH LEGAL PORTS OF ENTRY; don't expect amnesties. Second, learn and be willing to adopt the language, traditions and culture of your new Homeland. This doesn't mean that you should forget where you came from; it means that you need to cherish your background and appreciate your present. Fourth, be loyal to this country. Fly the American flag. If you need to express yourself and want to fly a flag, do it with the American one... because we are in the United States, for crying out loud ! Last but not least, if you miss your country so much, GO BACK.
Now, if you want to be legal, GET IN LINE, do as thousands of us (probably millions of us) have done in the past and follow the rules, PROVE your appreciation for the USA and GAIN your legal status.

They are right: this has always been a land of Immigrants. That is why I am here. But this was never intended to be a land with no law where you can come and be a parasite and still think that you have the "right" to raise your voice and complain.

Ok... I got it out my system. Little bit harsh, but again, I can't help it but feel very upset when something like this happens. I'm all for compassion and social progress (after all I am liberal), but never for pointless causes that only seek to modify laws to allow things that have been illegal thus far. Let's put it this way: if I wanted to live in a country when anybody can do as they want, I wouldn't have moved to the US, I would have stopped half-way, maybe in Colombia.

Happy day to you all.

Jorge
Cuz you all know, legal immigrants just luv them sum illegals!

Technorati Tags: , ,