Freedom Folks

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Happy Flag Day!

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
Ronald Reagan

What do you feel when you see this picture? Anger? Fear? Sadness? Doubt?

I feel ready to fight, I love this flag, my heart thrills when I see it waving in the breeze and I feel fury when I see it disrespected.

What do you feel when you see this picture? When you watch alien invaders commit violence on a young lady for the sin of flying an American flag on American soil, what do you feel?

I sincerely hope your angry. On this flag day let's remember that not only do we need to honor our proud standard, but we must also be willing to fight for it. Are you willing to fight for your flag? Are you willing to put yourself in harms way to keep her safe from desecration and disrespect? If not, well, then I suppose the invaders deserve to win, if your not willing to step up to the plate and do whatever it takes to protect the flag of your fathers. The flag brave American men and women have died to protect for this generation.

I'm reminded of the movie Hildago. Have you seen it? It is the story of an American cowboy who travels to the Middle East to run a 3000 mile race through the desert. The story is your standard "A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court" type of story. I hated it.

This movie was a prime example of what should have been a simple story of how simple American values triumph over the decadent ways of the Caliphs. However that's not the movie they chose to make, nope, they chose to complicate the story by having the main character feel a great ambivalence toward America. In the final scene, at the end of the race, the hero pulls it off against great odds, his mustang crashing into the sea. His standard bearer, who never believed in him came running out to meet the hero, throwing him the handmade flag the standard bearer had made by hand.

Even though I knew what the standard was, they had showed it I an earlier scene, my heart fell down around my ankles when instead of old glory he hefted a dirty white flag with an American indian symbol on it. MJ and I both grunted in disappointment, it was painfully obvious that it should have been an American flag, but these America haters couldn't bring themselves to do it even though it would have improved this crappy movie enormously.

Why do I mention this on flag day?


Do you want this to be the flag of the United States of America? Can you accept that? I can't, I won't! If you profess to love this country I'll ask it again, what are you willing to do, how far are you willing to go?

I love this country, I love my flag. My heart thrills when I see old glory waving in the breeze. How about you?


More blogging flag day...

RomeoKat has a beautiful piece up honoring our flag

Right Wing Nuthouse
has a lovely piece on those who've born the standard

Stop The ACLU, well, stops the ACLU!

Technorati Tags: , , ,