Freedom Folks

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

MJ's Moonbat Encounter: The Video

Video of my goon encounter last Friday is now up over at Hot Air. Thanks, guys! Click on over to sample what can happen when you wade into a crowd of moonbats with a video camera in your hand.

Thanks, also, to everyone who’s taken the time to comment over there, and here is a little clarification and additional info on what went down:

I was, indeed, a 5'4" woman flying solo that day – I strolled over on my lunch break – so the jerks had the opportunity to show their true colors by ganging up on a lone woman.

I was not protesting or offering an opinion on any subject. I was strictly there to get video. The goons recognized me from previous protests, but they weren’t objecting to anything I did or said on Friday…they were objecting to my very presence at this public event.

The final piece of the story came after I had filled my disc, so, alas, I didn’t get it on video. Toward the end of my time there, the goons had me surrounded and were continuing to edge in on me. I called out and waved to police who were standing nearby. They looked over and saw the guys take a step back, and decided it wasn’t worth coming over to assist me. When I finally made my way out of the crowd, I went right up to two officers in charge and told them what had happened. They suggested that I put my camera away. I saw red. I’m sure I spluttered as I asked them if I was breaking any law by video taping. They confirmed that I was not, then pointed out that maybe they didn’t want to be on camera.

I wish I’d gotten their names. To be honest, this made me angrier than anything that had already gone down. I expect the anarchist jackasses to pull anarchist shit. But – evidently foolishly – I expected the police to pull, oh I don’t know, police shit.

At any rate, I was running late anyway and just headed back to work, dumbfounded and pissed at the cops’ response. Or should I say lack thereof.

The next day, Jake and I attended a Minuteman protest. Details here. Some of the same moonbats were in attendance, and there was more harassment to be had. One of them was even nice enough to flatten one of our tires. Fortunately for us, he was also dumb enough to do it in front of a police officer, and was arrested and charged with criminal damage. Oh, darn.

Technorati Tags
Moonbat Encounter * Chicago * Anarchists