Freedom Folks

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Converting To Savagery?

Source: editorandpublisher

Here is an extract of an interview where the reporter is attempting to pin Cat Stevens (made up name: Yusuf Islam) down on the subject of Hamas...
But then she raises the obviously still touchy issue of attempts abroad to link him to funding various extremist groups, including Hamas. He had just said he still sells about 1.5 million albums a year netting him a small fortune. What does he think of Hamas?

“That’s an extremely loaded question,” he replies. Pressed further, he says, “I have never supported a terrorist group or any group that did other than charity and good to humankind.”

Solomon responds by saying, fine, but many Americans would like moderate Muslims, such as himself, to denounce the extremists. Wouldn’t he at least say he has “contempt” for Hamas?

“I wouldn’t put those words in my mouth,” he complains. “I wouldn’t say anything on that issue. I’m here to talk about peace. I’m a man who does want peace for this world,” says the man who wrote “Peace Train,” adding, “and I don’t think you will achieve that by putting people into corners and asking them very, very difficult questions about very contentious issues.”
I suppose when one converts to savagery it becomes rather difficult to then take note of savagery.

H/T LGF

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,