Freedom Folks

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Four Years is a Joke

Source: North County Times

An Escondido motorist who killed an elderly man while fleeing from another crash was sentenced today to four years in state prison.

Juan Espinoza Alvarado, 30, was driving a minivan about 11 a.m. Oct. 27 when he ran a red light at Escondido Boulevard and Grand Avenue, causing a three-vehicle collision.

Alvarado continued driving south on Escondido and accelerated into the intersection of Second Avenue, striking a car stopped in the fast lane in the opposite direction, according to a report prepared by the county Probation Department.

A passenger in that car, 81-year-old Inez Salazar of Escondido, died of his injuries about three hours later at a hospital.

*SNIP*

Alvarado, who was sentenced by Judge Daniel Goldstein, is married with three children and has been in this country illegally for 10 years, according to the probation report.
Four years? I don't even know what to say anymore. I'll let some of the commenters from this news story do the talking...

Scott wrote on January 25, 2007 12:56 PM:"Why am I not suprised by the weak sentence? I wonder what sentence I'd get if I were an illegal living in Mexico and pulled this crap."

Skip wrote on January 25, 2007 2:07 PM:"It has been a busy week for illegal alien Traffic accidents, car chases, hit-and-runs, and driver's license/sobriety checkpoints in Escondido this week. Oh and I suppose car thefts too. I wonder if car insurance is at a higher rate if you live in Escondido? And who ever said Illegal Aliens just come her to pick lettuce and support their families?"

Concerned wrote on January 25, 2007 2:18 PM:"I used to link all of the Escondido Illegal Alien crime stories individually to an Anti-Illegal Immigration group. I give up! There are just too many now, so I just dump all of the url's and put them in a folder called "THIS WEEKS ESCONDIDO ILLEGAL ALIEN CRIME STORIES". Now I just let the readers sift through the stories and they can pick out what they want to read."

Thank you Supporters wrote on January 25, 2007 12:59 PM:"He was here illegally and now that he is in prison we will support his family. What a great country we live in. I wonder is he had a license or insurance? Of course not we pay for that too! I am tired of this!"
What they said!

Technorati Tags
Illegal Immigration * Illegal Alien * Hit-and-Run * Crime * Escondido