Undocumented workers return after raid at BuckleyI'm shocked! Is anybody else shocked?
Illegal immigrants say they were working on a military housing project outside Buckley Air Force Base within days after a major immigration raid there last year. Immigration officials said at the time that they were protecting national security and sending a message to employers with the Sept. 20 raid, which nabbed more than 120 workers. Most of the workers were from Mexico and were quickly deported. Others came from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador. Three had outstanding criminal warrants and were turned over to Aurora police. Julio Cesar Rodriguez, an illegal immigrant from Mexico, told the Rocky Mountain News he was back on the job a few days after the raid. So was Martin Torrez, who said he saw about a dozen workers who returned to Buckley after they were deported.
Technorati Tags: illegal immigration, show raids, national security