Freedom Folks

Thursday, April 12, 2007

How To Lose Customers! Live blogging a service call to Sony

I'm sitting here typing with one hand as I wait on hold with Sony trying to find out whether the microphone damaged by that lunatic assistant pastor is covered under warranty.

I've been on hold five times, sent to three different departments. I could hear one of the conversations they had about me while I was on hold.

4:20 Their computer is now down, on hold again.

Is it just me, or does the "customer service baby talk" drive anyone else batty?

"Yes Mr. Jacobsen, I'm now going to polish your scrote with a rusty nail file. Would that be OK?" "May I please place you into hold purgatory?"

4:24 On the phone with "Guy!"

I think Guy doesn't believe me!

Guy's trying to weasel out!

Guy has weaseled out! It only took us an hour to get here!

On so long my phone is dying!

Truly one of the worst customer service experiences of my life. The worst part to me is the sheer unwillingness to take any responsibility or initiative to deal with the problem. Now, instead of my walking away extolling how great Sony is, at the moment, as much as I like my camera and the Sony Mic (other than the fact that Sony forces you to buy their products!). This second I can't stand them and wish we had a different product!

Technorati Tags: , , , ,