Freedom Folks

Saturday, December 24, 2005

I Am Ashamed

***Update below***

Today I am ashamed to be an American...

Stars turn backs on America's troops in Iraq

During world war two American troops away from home for Christmas were entertained by Marlene Dietrich, Bing Crosby and the Marx Brothers. Even in Vietnam Bob Hope was guaranteed to put in an appearance. But soldiers in Iraq are more likely to get a show from a Christian hip-hop group, a country singer you have probably never heard of and two cheerleaders for the Dallas Cowboys.
It is a far cry from the days following the September 11 2001 attacks, when some of the biggest names in show business, from Jennifer Lopez to Brad Pitt, rallied to the cause. "After 9/11 we couldn't have had enough airplanes for the people who were volunteering to go," Wayne Newton, the Las Vegas crooner who succeeded Bob Hope as head of USO's talent recruiting effort, told USA Today. "Now with 9/11 being as far removed as it is, the war being up one day and down the next, it becomes increasingly difficult to get people to go."
Newton said many celebrities have been wary of going because they think it might be seen that they are endorsing the war. "And I say it's not. I tell them these men and women are over there because our country sent them, and we have the absolute necessity to try to bring them as much happiness as we can."

Fear is also a factor. "They're scared," country singer Craig Morton, who is in Iraq on the USO's Hope and Freedom Tour 2005, told USA Today. "It's understandable. It's not a safe and fun place and a lot of people don't want to take the chance."
Okay, first, props to Wayne Newton. I think it's awesome he took over for Bob Hope. Way to go Wayne!

Second, props to Craig Morton and whomever else is on the Hope and Freedom Tour, you guys rock!

Now I want to address these puling "stars". I am about to employ some severely bad language in a very funny way, but you have been warned.

You cowardly cocksuckers! WTF is your problem? You're scared? So is every one of those soldiers protecting your narrow sorry ass. As you sit back counting your benjamins you weak in the knees pieces of crap, soldiers are dying to protect your right to do so.

You don't want to be associated with the war you puling sack of shit? Then get the fuck out of this country. I stood at ground zero last year with the 9-11 families and I want to remind you cowardly douche bags that 3000 fellow Americans were brutally slaughtered that day.

But that's okay you sniveling weaklings, don't worry, there are still decent people left who will pick up the slack from you wastes of skin.

Mj & I will get on a plane fucking to-fucking-night! I am literally aghast at the sheer unadulterated cowardice of these "stars". How do manage to shave your hairy baboon ass without ever once meeting your eyes in the mirror?

Your afraid? I'm afraid that I live in a country that's lost it's balls. With citizens who are worse than sheeple. At least sheeple are by definition stupid. This is evil, you no spined sub-humans. To these "stars" let me extend an offer, why don't you drop by my place and explain to me in fucking person how you're too scared to go to Iraq to give our troops a tiny lift and a taste of home. Why don't you look me in the eye and explain how you don't want to be associated with the war?

As you weak willed little sisters sit at home over the holiday I hope you fucking choke to death on your cowardice.

To our soldiers and forces abroad. I am so fucking sorry that these sorry excuses for Americans are left to represent us in this sad and sorry time. I am so fucking sorry that these "stars" are letting you and all of us down in such a spectacular fashion. I am so fucking sorry that MJ & I can't do more.

I am serious about this. If anyone knows how to make this happen MJ & I will board a plane to-fucking-night to bring some joy to those in Iraq and elsewhere who lay it all on the line to keep us safe and free.

I wish this post were funnier but I am too goddamn angry to see straight let alone try to be funny about this. I cannot fathom that I live in a country where our "stars" are these puling weaklings and ninnies who prance around on stage for millions of dollars and yet when called upon to give a little time, that's all, a little time to our troops start crying and whining like the little bitches they are about how their "scared".

I'm sorry most of all that I'm this upset on the eve of my saviours birth.

Sleep well you cocksuckers, fame is fleeting, courage lasts forever!

***Update***
Evil media guy, Don Surber, who I respect quite a bit, just took me to task for being unfair to those who are going to Iraq. I dispute that however in the spirit of fairness here's the link to the USO page. You can see for yourself who is and isn't making the time for our troops.

For me, that list is shamefully, woefully inadequate. To those who have signed up no matter what your political affiliation, you get a huge thumbs up from the Freedom Folks!

To the scumbags, and you know who you are...last time I checked you were still Americans. No, you are under no obligation to support our troops. But when you make your living in the public eye it's not a bad idea to at least pretend to appreciate this country. I know who's not on this list and I'll never, ever buy one of their products again, as is my right. I urge you to join us in a little unofficial boycott. No USO, No buy. It's that simple.

h/t Barking Moonbat

As seen @
Cao's blog Choose Life Stop The ACLU The right nation 10ft.2ft. basil's blog Bloggin' Outloud
bright & early Common folks using common sense MacStansbury NIF .5 Real teen
Right wing nation The real ugly American Third world county The uncooperative blogger
TMH's bacon bits Wizbang