Freedom Folks

Friday, December 09, 2005

The Great Non-Smoking Putsch

I have a shameful, deep dark secret to share with you. I have, for many years...

Been a SMOKER!

If your all done screaming? Okay, I understand why non-smoker's would prefer to enjoy a meal without smoke in thier nose. I am not unsympathetic, but, I also do not think it's the government's place to regulate our behavior.

I have said for years that Chicago would pass a smoking ban when hell froze over.

I guess those in hell require scarves today.

To me, this is a sad day. I still firmly believe that the market sorts these things out. Your want a non-smoking restaurant? If there are enough of you, believe me, restaurantuers will listen. But, if it's about fifty-fifty why are your rights more important than mine?

A final thought

As seen @
Adam's blog
Bloggin' Outloud
Is It Just Me?
Right Wing Nation
TMH's bacon bits
Stray dog
Cao's blog (we love Cao!)
-----