Freedom Folks

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Words of Wisdom from Morgan Freeman

I just read this.

Morgan Freeman says the concept of a month dedicated to black history is "ridiculous."

"You're going to relegate my history to a month?" the 68-year-old actor says in an interview on CBS' "60 Minutes" to air Sunday (7 p.m. EST). "I don't want a black history month. Black history is American history."
Now there's an idea. An idea I can get behind. American history.

Freeman notes there is no "white history month," and says the only way to get rid of racism is to "stop talking about it."

The actor says he believes the labels "black" and "white" are an obstacle to beating racism.
I'm with you 100%, Morgan. Until we stop using the color of our skin to distinguish, differentiate and judge each other, racism will flourish.

"I am going to stop calling you a white man and I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man," Freeman says.
You've got yourself a deal.

As seen @
adam's blog

bloggin outloud

right wing nation

basil's blog

jo's cafe

third world county

bright and early

TMH's bacon bits

NIF