Freedom Folks

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Priorities?

Source: KVOA
WASHINGTON -- House Republicans took a new crack at old immigration issues Thursday with pre-election votes on deporting gang members, imprisoning tunnelers and empowering local police to arrest illegal immigrants.

With no prospects this year for passing broader immigration changes favored by the Senate, House GOP leaders said taking action to seal the border was a matter of urgency.

"We're running out of time in this Congress," said Judiciary Committee Chairman James Sensenbrenner, R-Wis. "The American people say border security first."

But Sensenbrenner's Republican counterpart in the Senate, Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania, said, "I don't see how we can deal with the immigration issue on a piecemeal basis." There would be no motivation for the House to negotiate on the issue "if we take care of all of their priorities and none of the Senate's," he said.
House priorities = Enforcement + listening to American people

Senate priorities = Amnesty + screwing the American people

Somebodies priorities are out of whack and it ain't congress's!

It never fails to astonish me how brazenly these folks chat about destroying this country.  Also, while I'm pleased as punch that these bills are getting some air time, I will not be a happy camper until I see construction crews at the border actually building a fence, actual gangbangers getting tossed out, etc. ad nauseum.

My guess is this is to keep the natives quiet then pass a guest worker bill after the election.  This might be my innate cynicism talking, but considering our congress's history on this issue I think some very healthy scepticism is not out of line. 

The Senate's priority is amnesty?  I don't think that's accurate, I think Arlen Spector's priority is amnesty and I simply hope and pray he's removed from office before he can harm this country any further.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,