Freedom Folks

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Press One To Kiss My Ass

Just when you think you've gotten as fed up as can be at being asked to press one for English to conduct business in America...

Last night I received an automated call from the hospital where I recently received care. After naming the hospital and informing me that it was an "important message," the recorded voice instructed me to press one to continue in English. I hung up.

I just got back from a little shopping to find another of these calls on my voice mail. I immediately hit the buttons to delete the message.

I will be calling the hospital on Monday. In person. English will be mandatory, not an option. And I will tell them just what I think of their intruding on my life with an impersonal, recorded message where I have to press a button to hear it in our language on our soil.