Why Not Believe Them?
Source: Dean Esmay
In a stunning fit of brain damaged ranting blogger Dean Esmay, in the interests of fostering more conversation has made this test of ideological purity the dividing line on his blog. As he says...
Simply put, you must agree withto all of the following assertionsassumptions:You know, I could go crazy providing link after link which detail how retarded this is, but I won't. I'll leave it at this, people of good will can ask every one of those questions banned in his manifesto and not be displaying the alleged "Islamophobia."
1) Islam does not represent the forces of Satan or the Anti-Christ bent on destruction of the Christian world.
2) There is no 1,400 year old "war with the West/Christianity" being waged by Muslims or anyone else.
3) Islam as a religion is no more inherently incompatible with modernity, minority rights, women's rights, or democratic pluralism than most religions.
4) Medieval, anachronistic, obscure terms like "dhimmitude" or "taqiyya" are suitable for polite intellectual discussion. They are not and never will be appropriate to slap in the face of everyday Muslims or their friends.
5) Muslims have no more need to prove that they can be good Americans, loyal citizens, decent people, or enemies of terrorism than anyone else does.
Perhaps every statement he's made here is the god's honest truth, but here's the problem, I don't know that and Mr. Esmay's Stalinistic demands aside, no matter how much he may browbeat that doesn't make it true or false either.
Some truths are uncomfortable, some truths are plain mean, but if you deny what is quite possibly the truth, I'm not even saying it is, then you have lost any interest in seeking the truth and my respect. That simple.
If and when many influential and non-influential people in the Islamic world, which unfortunately for all involved now includes America (yay for diversity!), cease to call for violent Jihad, the abuse of women, the violent overthrow of non-Islamic states, stop killing in the name of Allah, etc. etc. etc.
If that happy day were to come I would still call Mr. Esmay a cowardly POS simply for trying to impose this ideological test of purity. We have questions Mr. E, and even if it makes you uncomfortable most of us will continue asking them until we hear answers that make sense to us. Your and CAIR's attempts to paint all of Islam's failings and savagery with happy face smiley talk comes across as weak and foolish.
One favor you could do Jake dear reader? Don't click on this POS's link please I have no interest in furnishing him with more business.
When Jake notes the cessation of F'tards like this holding signs just like this in the FREAKING WEST! Then and only then Mr. Dismay, may we have a little chat about your loony list.
Technorati Tags: islam, jihad, dhimmitude, fools, cowards, appeasers, bite me gomer, dean assmay