Freedom Folks

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Jackass Quotes of the Day

It's two for the price of one today, folks -- don't say I never gave you anything.

Source: OC Register
"Legislation that doesn't have the confidence of the people who are affected is going nowhere."

-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-MA)

"Why should we do less than the American people are willing for us to do and millions of them have marched for?"

-- Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL)
I have to admit that I feel slightly more affection for Gutierrez because he's not just any Race Pandering Whore -- he's my RPW. Wait. Did I say affection? I meant disgust.

The "confidence of the people affected," Sweaty Teddy? The "people affected" that you refer to are those who are in the country illegally, and guess what? They don't get a say.

As for the millions of "them" that marched for a free pass on breaking the law? "Them" aren't citizens, Gutierrace. We were both at those marches here in Chicago. I'd guess that a sizable majority of the marchers aren't part of the "them" you're supposed to represent. But I am.

So why are YOU so very unwilling to do what the American people want? Here's a clue: it's NOT amnesty.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,