Freedom Folks

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

California Dreamin'

Holy Crow!

I was just reading this. I had never read Kevin Sites stuff before, but, at least this article looks pretty good.

So I scrolled down and read the comments and came to this hot steaming pile o' happiness--

The only problem with this piece lies in the fact that according to the current administration, none of these acts is technically 'torture' unles it causes organ failure or death...dislocated shoulders, electrocution, stress positions, sleep deprivation...these are all interrogation tactics that have been perpetrated by American military personnel against people whose homes we have invaded. While I might not agree with Saddam or his tactics, G.W. commits very similar acts against Americans who choose to fight with the enemy in the name of 'National Security' and, I dare say, should California ever choose to side with Mexico in a war with the U.S., he would treat Californians in very much the same manner as Saddam did the Kurds. patrickvb007 is right. This is sad and horrible, but let's stop pointing our fingers at other countries and start fixing the system which is so drastically failing to live up to the ideals set on parchment for us by the framers.
Posted by wormgod138 on Tue, Nov 29, 2005 10:19 PM ET
Now I know not all of you have enjoyed a refreshing caffienated beverage yet today. let me highlight the key passage that leapt off the screen at me--

While I might not agree with Saddam or his tactics, G.W. commits very similar acts against Americans who choose to fight with the enemy in the name of 'National Security' and, I dare say, should California ever choose to side with Mexico in a war with the U.S., he would treat Californians in very much the same manner as Saddam did the Kurds.
Sweet Jesus on a jumped up popsicle stick! What in the hell is wrong with these people? You read this and your pointy little liberal head is immediately filled with thoughts of secession.

I do not presume to speak for our president. I have no bleepin' idea what he'd do in this situation. I can tell you what I'd do though, Wormgod.

If the currently ongoing war between Mexico and the US spilled over into a secessionist battle I would fire up my trusty Jeep and drive myself, my wife and a veritable cornicopia of ordinance out to your locale. We would procure lodging that included a nice breakfast or access to a quality breakfast place, most important meal of the day, don'tcha know.

And then we would unleash operation 'adios idiot liberal' on any of the bastards who stood with Mexico.

And I bet we'd have company.

What say you?