Freedom Folks

Friday, November 18, 2005

Dissecting Liberal Logic

Logic is like Kryptonite to the left. I think most of us will agree that whatever powers of debate the left may have possessed have withered and died in their insane hatred of Bush and this country.

I stumbled across this. Our intrepid lefty here wishes to blast us evil conservatives, most especially those associated with the Minutemen. Well, I'm associated with the Minutemen and I have the faintest awareness of history so I thought I would attempt to show the paucity of critical thinking on the left these days.

Here is the story...

Donkey o.d. would like to compare the Minutemen et al. to the KKK. Here is the evidence.






























Okay, so, at one point in their history the KKK held a border patrol. Fine, whatever, has no bearing on the Minutemen. The color picture supposedly shows white supremacists at a Minutemen rally. Could be true, I don't know. What I do know is this, even if fringe groups jumped on the Minutemen bandwagon it's still not an indictment of the Minutemen.

Because, of course, their are no extremists in say...The ALF, ELF, PETA?

Any more than over a hundred years of KKK control is an issue for the Democratic Party, right donkey o.d.?











Klan delegates played a significant role at the pathsetting 1924 Democratic National Convention in New York City, often called the "Klanbake Convention" as a result. The convention initially pitted Klan-backed candidate William McAdoo against New York Governor Al Smith, who drew the opposition of the group because of his Catholic faith. After days of stalemates and rioting, both candidates withdrew in favor of a compromise. Klan delegates defeated a Democratic Party platform plank that would have condemned their organization.
Wikipedia--KKK


That same year, Metzger (a high honcho in the Klan) parlayed the attention he had gained, along with growing anti-immigrant sentiment, into a victory in the Democratic primary for his local congressional district. He got some 33,000 votes, although he lost the general election handily.
SPLC

Here's the problem with the modern left in a nutshell, allow me to lift a quote from the comments section beneath this article --


I don't need to research, anonymous. Your shit smells just the same as it did 40 years ago.

Perhaps if you'd done some research you would know that your party was actively racist for well over a hundred years. Controlled and guided by the KKK. Did you know this donkey o.d.? I'd say it was pretty relevant.

In fact, openly KKK Democratic Congressmen filled Congress and one still does. Does the name Robert Byrd ring a bell?

And as to the Southern Poverty Law Center. This is an organization that started good and has gone downhill pretty rapidly. Nowadays, anyone they don't like they smear with the 'racist' brush. I'm thinking they've become a liberal attack group, don't know it for a fact, but...

As seen @
The Political Teen (My eyes! My eyes!)
Stop The ACLU (Why? their just nice people who want us to be more french)
California Conservative (Nope, sorry, no such thing)
Euphoric Reality (well...it doesn't suck)
Don Surber (I'm still not convinced he isn't evil, a media guy?)
Stuck On Stupid (Are you talkin' to me?)
Cao's Blog (We love Cao!)
GM's corner (Wacky my pattootie, pal!)
TMH's Bacon Bits (I hope their not artificial)
Adam's Blog (Be vewy, vewy, qwiet)