Freedom Folks

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

How to Piss MJ Off

No, this has nothing to do with illegal immigration, disrespecting our military, or any of the myriad other things I usually get worked up enough about to share (vent?) with you good folks.

This is...well, it's just what it is.

Betty Bill said she watched in horror Sunday as her neighbor poured scalding hot water on a gray squirrel he had trapped in a cage in their Crystal Lake neighborhood.
The animal died, and the neighbor, John Grivas, now faces misdemeanor charges of animal cruelty and unlawfully trapping of a squirrel.
The whole awful, disturbing, revolting story is here.

Grivas claims that he just shook the animal because squirrels have been damaging his property, but police officers involved in the case state that there was evidence that the squirrel had been scalded.

"The animals, it seem they have more rights than anybody," he said.
I can't even say anything about that statement. I just wanted to share with you that he had the complete and utter nerve to let the words fall from his lips.

Now, I love animals. I have three cats that mean the world to me. I am also well aware of the fact that they are animals, not people.

I also once wrote a short story about a woman whose beloved cat is cat-napped and ransomed. She meets the perp at night, gives him money, and finds her cat dismembered in a duffel bag. She manages to find where the guy lives, breaks into his place, and lies in wait for him to exact her revenge. Let's just say that it involves a baseball bat, and it ain't pretty. Did I mention that she really loved her cat?

Grivas should be damn glad that his neighbor is named Betty, and not MJ.