Freedom Folks

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Your Future President...

ENCOUNTER WITH JOHN McCAIN

At the end of a week of lobbying, we accidentally met Sen. John McCain just outside the Russell Senate Office Building. Joan, Bruce and I approached him identified ourselves as 9/11 family members. We told him we opposed his amnesty bill and of our promise to hold accountable members of Congress who vote for it for the acts of violence that result. The following conversation resulted.

McCain looked at Joan and said: “You’re kidding, aren’t you?”

Joan Molinaro: “No, we’re not kidding.”

At this, McCain started screaming and pointed his finger in our faces: “After all I’ve done for you people! I welcome you to come to my state. I’ll debate the issue with you. The people of Arizona trust me…I got 77% of the vote last year. Who do you think they’ll believe?”

Peter Gadiel: “Yeah sure. You won that race by getting 85% of your money from out of state.”

McCain: “It’s people like you who make my job so hard. I got 77% of the vote...

Gadiel: Oh sure, but you needed 85% of your money from outside the state. What kind of confidence is that?

By this time, Joan and Peter were turning their backs to McCain, and he started to come after them. But Bruce saw a guard from the Russell Building came out, take McCain by the arm and pull him inside the building.

9/11 FSA accepts Senator McCain’s challenge to debate him on the issue of illegal immigration.
H/T The Minuteman Blog

Technorati Tags: , , ,