Freedom Folks

Thursday, April 27, 2006

This REALLY -- REALLY Pissed Me Off!

Source: WAPO

This post will contain exceedingly strong language, buckle up kiddos gonna be a wild ride!
Veterans Drawn Into Immigration Debate

Marcial Rodriguez, a U.S. Marine who grew up in a Mexican farming village, is offended that the country he went to war for might deport his relatives who are living here illegally.

Three months after the lance corporal returned to Ohio from the fighting in Iraq, the U.S. House adopted a bill that would make Rodriguez's cousin a felon for being one of the nation's 11 million illegal immigrants.

Rodriguez, 20, said he enlisted in the Marine reserves to repay the debt he felt owed to a country that had given him an education and a home for his family.

"People from many different countries are fighting, not just from Mexico," he said. "We want to participate in this country."

It is unclear how many soldiers find their loyalties similarly divided, but at a time when Pentagon has stepped up recruiting of Hispanics to fill recruiting quotas, experts say a crackdown on illegal immigration would undoubtedly cause resentment in the ranks.
Let me start by saying I have the utmost respect for all soldiers. I do, anyone who knows me knows this to be true.

A little bit about me, I have worked in professional kitchens for thirty years, I have gone to the hospital about sixty times in that time for cuts, falls, burns, broken bones, etc. Several times I've come close to being killed on the job, no shit I could have been killed several times doing my job.

I understand something about doing dirty dangerous work.

So while I have the utmost respect for all soldiers I don't put them on a pedestal. Many Americans do dangerous jobs also, on a daily basis, and those Americans more often than not are the very same Americans who deeply appreciate the troops, I know, I'm one of them.

So when I read what this puling sack of shit says in this article I am disgusted and ashamed. I am horrified that this piece of racist crap defended this country. Even more so I am horrified that someone could serve in that capacity and not understand the fucking constitution he claimed to be defending.

If any American serviceperson finds their loyalties divided they are in the wrong goddamn job!

When I hear this puling sack of crap whine about his family I would remind him of the oath he took upon entering the service...
I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
Bear true faith and allegiance, perhaps that doesn't translate well into Spanish? Perhaps this individual missed that day, because it seems as clear as a fucking bell to me!

I reiterate, should you find your loyalties divided, here's a thought...Get the fuck out! Go back to the country you seem to feel an allegiance for. When you don that uniform you become an exemplar, what that means, and I'm gonna type this slow because clearly you're an idiot, is you cannot then wave your fucking uniform as a banner for LAW-BREAKING you ignorant sack of shit!!

If you think I'm being too hard on this individual, I would retort -- I don't think I'm being hard enough. When you swear an oath it either means something or it doesn't, if it doesn't mean anything to you that tells me you are a faithless motherfucker not worth pissing on if you were on fire.

I truly cannot tell you how upset I am with this "Marine." This alleged "hero." Because to me when you start advocating for law-breaking you lose hero status pretty goddamn fast.

Is this the price of granting the children of illegals entrance into the proud tradition of the most fearsome fighting machine in the history of mankind? That we must grant them special --above the law -- privileges?

That price is too high for any nation to pay and remain a strong nation.

If this individual represents any sort of trend then I already know what I would counsel. No more, no more children of illegals can be allowed into our military under any circumstances if upon their retirement they will immediately begin agitating against the very country they served. If their service is no more than a political symbol to be thrown in Americans faces to advocate against the rule of law, that price is far too high.

I hold our men and women in uniform to a high standard of excellence, I'll wager for the vast majority a standard lower than they themselves set. So to see an individual like this agitate for a foreign governement inside this nation I see red, I want to kick their ass, I want to pound home the reality through their thick skull how much they've disrespected this nation and the uniform they wore.

They make me one tick less proud of our military. And to me, that's the true unpardonable sin.

H/T View From The Right
Thanks to One Marine's View for the oath

Technorati Tags: , ,