Freedom Folks

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Dennis Hastert: WTF?

First there's this...
"I think those materials ought to be returned," said House Speaker Dennis Hastert, adding that the FBI agents involved "ought to be frozen out of that (case) for the sake of the Constitution."
Now I'm not a constitutional scholar, but that just doesn't smell right. And not to state the obvious but attempting to hide corruption behind the constitution is about as low as you can go in my book. I've held off commenting on the William Jefferson case, frankly I'm never surprised when these guys get busted on either side of the aisle, more a matter of when then if.

But then you add this...
Federal officials say the Congressional bribery investigation now includes Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert, based on information from convicted lobbyists who are now cooperating with the government.
If this is true I want ole' Denny to go to real prison. I want him to enjoy a cellmate named 'Maddog." I would prefer if 'Maddog' were well endowed and of a markedly poor disposition toward his fellow man. But more than anything I want every son of a bitch in the Congress and Senate investigated within an inch of their lives.

These scumbags take an oath, may mean nothing to you, means the world to me. If they'll take that oath and then spit on it in this fashion, frankly, it would offend me to know they drew the same air I do, and I don't give a furry rat's butt what side of the aisle their on. Scum is scum, and I think it's time to disinfect this corrupt government.

You want clean government? It's not complicated, you keep a sharp eye on those in office even when they squeal, hell, especially when they squeal. It's like anything else, illegal immigration perhaps, if you simply apply the law consistently in an even-handed manner amazing things can happen.

It's time to disabuse our "public servants" of the notion that they are rulers, untouchable in their power. Any power they have is given to them by us, the people, their bosses. And this boss is sick and tired of thieving employees.

Fire the lot of'em please!

Technorati Tags: , , ,