Freedom Folks

Monday, October 24, 2005

Racist!

We attended the IFIRE protest in Indiana last Saturday. We were protesting the Bank of Calumet providing home loans to ILLEGAL aliens.

Seems straight forward enough, right?

Wrong.

At least one person accused a protester of racism. It seems while I wasn't looking the definition of racist had changed.

As far as I recall from fifth grade, the word 'racist' used to suggest that you thought others were inferior due to the color of their skin, OR some other judgement based on religion, race, gender preference or something along those lines.

No more, allow me to explain.

Nowadays all you have to do to be a racist is to support the enforcement of the law. In our peculiar case we happen to support immigration enforcement so clearly we're racist, right?

I just wish I could strap one of these knuckleheads down and tickle them until they explained to me, in non-touchie-feelie terms, exactly what in the hell their talking about.

If I am anything I am an inclusive person. I believe in people of every color being tossed out of this country if they are here illegally. I furthermore believe that people of every race, religion and gender preference who are here illegally should be tossed out too.

So does that make me a racist?

The Minutemen are under attack for wanting our borders to be under our control. They also support wild, crazy ideas such as America controlling its immigration, not Vincente Fox. I know, I know, It truly is shocking when you put it that way.

Let's contrast this with what our opponents desire. They desire a world without borders, a world where all men live as brothers, a world of justice and peace.

And if it takes a couple million dead Americans to achieve that dream, well...I don't think they'd lose much sleep.

So am I a racist?