Freedom Folks

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

This Is Why I'm A Conservative

I just had the misfortune of reading this.

In this NYT piece entitled "Senate Republicans Pushing for a Plan on Ending the War in Iraq" Carl Hulse reminds me why I'm a conservative, NOT a Republican.

Our brave representatives after sniffing the poll numbers collectively sullied their drawers and began moving decisively left.

Allow me to recount the ways...

No drilling in ANWAR

Allowing Guantanamo detainees access to federal courts

Advancing massive spending programs

Advancing stealth amnesty programs for ILLEGAL aliens

Unwilling to deal seriously with our borders in general

Unwilling to cut massive porkbarrel spending

And now...

starting to cave on the war!

It's a proud list, no doubt about it.

What's next, Ted Kennedy for RNC chair?

h/t Michelle Malkin

Linked @
The Political Teen
Danny Carlton