Freedom Folks

Sunday, November 13, 2005

John Cusack: Is there anything actors can't do?

John Cusack is posting on Huffington Post. I know, I know, I'm all atremble too. if your shots are up to date you can read it here.

But, oops, our little Johnnie it turns out is an ardent leftie. Are you as shocked as I am? First of all I simply assumed Huffington's vapid parade of leftists was some sort of publicity stunt and sooner or later they'd start hosting adults.

But sadly, no.

Here's a little taste of Jonathon's wisdom--

Bush 2. How depressing, corrupt, unlawful and tragically absurd the administration's world view actually is...how low the moral bar has been lowered...and (though I know I'm capable of intellectually lazy notions of collective guilt) how complicit our silence as citizens is...Nixon, a true fiend, looks like a paragon of virtue next to the criminally incompetent robber barons now raiding the present and future.

Wow! How many scripts must one read to think this good? I'm a convert, let's just give up and acknowledge the moral superiority of this piece of crap. But wait, there's more --

Last Tuesday, Harry Reid demonstrated wonderful signs of life. The question now is, are they going to build on this, or is it going to be an isolated episode that doesn't lead to a fundamental shift? Will enough Democrats now be willing to admit that voting to authorize the war was a mistake?

Sweet Jesus on a popsicle stick! Is this guy delusional or did he start drinking non-bottled water? There must be an explanation for something this stupendously dumb.

All this makes me think of Jon Stewart, and the tricky position he finds himself in...I love the man. He is the most important media watchdog right now. As Bill Moyers said "If Mark Twain were back today, he'd be at Comedy Central."

Ummm...okay. He's a decent comedian but "the most important media watchdog right now" Yeah, gotta disagree with ya on that one, thanks for trying though, please come again, we have some lovely door prizes.

And they are getting a free pass to sit next to someone who speaks truth to power

I only included this passage to point this out. Whenever, ever you hear someone use the phrase "speak truth to power" club them over the head with a large sausage and run away. These folks are dangerous.

Yes, there is a difference between the McCain/Hagel Repubs and the neo-con/White House Iraq Group lunatics.

Yes there is, their Democrats.

I guess the exception is when and if Dick Cheney thinks we have a good reason to torture and deny due process. If these men are not impeached and thrown in jail, we truly are approaching the end of days.

Apocalypse Alert! Apocalypse Alert! Again boys and girls, whenever an atheistic liberal spouts about things they know nothing about (i.e. God) cover your ears with your hands and scream LA-LA-LA as you flee.

And thinking men -- of which McCain is surely one -- knew the neo-cons were exploiting 9/11 for their hideous misadventure in Iraq, and knew this was an administration that would not allow photos of the dead. Etc. etc. etc. Every man who stood by Bush should be forced to answer for it.

I stood with Bush you stinking sack of crap, the next time your in our hometown town why don't you drop by and ask me, a real live human your insulting questions? Though, that might take actual courage, not the phony Hollywood style type. You know, everyone I know agrees with me, I'm so brave to talk smack about the President. Just name the time and place Johnnie boy.

I don't know about you but it's turning my stomach spending this much time in the belly of the beast. The wierd thing here is that I have no particular beef with ole' Johnny until he opens his gaping ignorance hole and lets fly. Every meme he mines in this typing exercise is at best weak, at its worst it hurts all of us. It's not reasonable debate, its sour lefty, we are cowardly idiot rantings from a man with no heart or courage.

It makes me sad.

Interesting fact from Wikipedia. "His mother, Nancy, is a former teacher and political activist." Political activist, eh? Reagan Conservative I'll wager.

h/t 2 The Uncooperative Blogger

Linked @ The Political Teen
Stop The ACLU
MacStansbury
Big Dog
basil's blog
.5
TMH's Bacon Bits
Don Surber
NIF
Blue State Conservative
bRight & Early