Freedom Folks

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Support Your Friendly Local Blogger

Okay, I had a bit of a revelation today and I'd like to share. It's nothing earth shattering, but I think it's pretty important.

I was perusing one of my favorite blogs and when I came to the bottom of the article this particular blogger mentioned that if you bought things through their site they got a little kickback on each transaction.

Being a blogger myself, though we haven't set up any revenue stuff yet, I appreciate how much time and effort go into trying to provide quality content. Think of it as paying the quarter of fifty cents for the newspaper.

I'm going to do it. From now on whenever I need to purchase a book or whatever else I can I'm going to try to do it through my favorite bloggers. In fact a lot of people I know are getting books for Christmas because I like giving books and most bloggers are set up for that.

I know it's a bit of a pain in the butt, but here's the deal, if you like what your favorite bloggers are doing but won't take an extra minute to support them doesn't that make you a bit of a wanker?

I know the answer for me.