Freedom Folks

Saturday, November 12, 2005

O'Reilly Rant Receives Rabid Response

I have a confession to make. At the ripe old age of 38, nothing makes me want to do something more than being told not to.

I went to The Political Teen to check out the story on O'Reilly's San Fran comments. O'Reilly vented regarding the City by the Bay having voted to impede military recruitment in their schools, suggesting that their adamant anti-military stance might best be rewarded by their not receiving military assistance in the event that they suffer a terrorist attack (read Jake's take here).

ANYWAY, I went to The Political Teen to follow up on the story. I found this warning:

Audio available here. (WARNING: This site is maintained by left-wing whackos)

Well, you can guess what happened next. Yes. I clicked. And I scrolled down to the Comments section. As always, my additions are RED.

I believe that all points of view deserved to be aired but THIS BUT NEGATES THE WORD ALL when his words are rife with ridicule WHAT YOU'RE DOING, ad hominem arguments WHAT YOU'RE DOING, personal attacks WHAT YOU'RE DOING and nonsensical arguments WHAT YOU'RE DOING, it’s time to exercise some common sense.

One more time Bill: SHUTUP!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAH...THE STENCH OF HYPOCRISY!
*****
the amazing talking asshole… WHERE? HOW DID AL FRANKEN GET IN?!?
*****
That man is so incredibly stupid it actually hurts to read the transcripts. So stupid. I can’t even fathom it. BECAUSE IT TAKES A MENSA CANDIDATE TO BE UNABLE TO FATHOM STUPIDITY
*****
Another example of right-wing intrusion into personal affairs — in this case, how a parent should raise their children. ACTUALLY, THAT WOULD BE IF O'REILLY SAID THE MILITARY SHOULD BE ABLE TO RECRUIT A HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT IN THEIR OWN HOME. REAL INTERFERENCE IN HOW A PARENT SHOULD RAISE THEIR CHILDREN WOULD BE THE COURT (9TH CIRCUIT...SHOCKER) SAYING THAT PARENTS DON'T HAVE EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS IN THEIR CHILD'S EDUCATION.
*****
It is difficult to comprehend that O’Reilly attended college, much less graduated from one. But then it is equally difficult to believe that Bush did the same thing, albeit with some friends in higher places to make certain that he was able to get into Yale. COLLEGE, THE HALLMARK OF INTELLIGENCE, WISDOM, AND COMMON SENSE? GIVE ME A @#$&! BREAK! WHAT A POMPOUS, ARROGANT, AND IGNORANT COMMENT!

OK. Now I have a headache. And a heartache. And a bellyache. Did I mention I have a headache?

Guess I should have taken Ian's warning more seriously...

Cao's Blog (we love Cao!)
Jo's Cafe (MMMM...Jo!)
Euphoric Reality (Those crazy kids!)
Iowa Voice (Kinda' gruff yet sassy)
The Florida Masochist (Feel Better!)
bRight & Early
.5
Uncooperative Blogger (play nice, dear)
The Political Teen (new server my eye, sounds like a weekend of bad scotch and good hookers)
Choose Life (okay already)
Don Surber (I told you this guy was trouble, did you listen? I thought not!)