Freedom Folks

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Hate crime at DePaul University in Chicago

Source: UPI

CHICAGO, March 9 (UPI) -- Chicago Police launched a hate crime
investigation after racist graffiti and swastikas were found on the
Lincoln Park campus of DePaul University.

Written in permanent marker, racial epithets and phrases such as
"whites only" appeared on the walls of common areas, including hallways
and stairwells, of the University Hall dormitory, the Chicago Tribune
said. Graffiti was also found on the outside of the dorm as well as two
other buildings.

DePaul University spokesperson Denise Mattson told WBBM Radio the incident was an assault on the university's values.

Mattson said the campus has been politically charged since late
January when a new campus organization, the DePaul Conservative
Alliance, conducted an "affirmative action bake sale" at which blacks
were charged less than whites.

"That certainly created some dialogue about affirmative action
policies and practices about minorities on campus," Mattson said.

Coupla comments here. Yes I think graffiti like this is bad. Is it a hate crime? What the hell is a "Hate Crime?" I would call it immature stupidity to be sure, racist, no doubt. But "Hate Crime?" I don't see it. Tie someone who's different than you to a tree and beat them to death, fine, you got'cherself a hate crime, this is just kind of creepy to me, orwellian even,

Also, I would seriously like to see this spokesperson fired. Not because she blamed the problems on campus on the conservatives, though I find that extraordinary, talk about your privileged minority outraged at a dissenting opinion.

Nope, I want this person fired because she's as dumb as a damn rock, and I don't think any university should feel good about people this stupid representing them in public.

And isn't "creating dialogue" (excuse me while I vomit just a little bit in my mouth) a good thing? I thought that's what gave these wild leftists a great big woodie. Oh, it's hating conservatives?

My bad!

H/T Marathon Pundit (for god's sake man, stand still!)

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,