Freedom Folks

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Bush Says Anthem Should Be in English

Source: breitbart

This has been covered ad nausuem by other blogs, and covered well at that. I have a little different take and focus on this. When asked about the Spanish version of the Star Spangled Banner Bush suggested all immigrants should learn English and then he blah -- bla -- blah, blah blah.

Hm? Oh, I'm sorry, whenever our president blathers on in this fashion I tend to drift off. Sorry about that.

Back to bizness, after the painful platitudes president Bush said this...(as per usual idiocy bolded)
"One of the things that's very important is, when we debate this issue, that we not lose our national soul," the president exclaimed. "One of the great things about America is that we've been able to take people from all walks of life bound as one nation under God. And that's the challenge ahead of us."
Recently the president was quoted as saying this...
Bush was peeved at Congress for not completing the tax reconciliation bill to extend the tax cuts on cap gains and dividends. He also wants a comprehensive immigration bill that does not include a 700-mile wall. He told us “immigration helps restore our souls.”
Now pay attention, I don't give a rat's ass what Mr. Bush desires for my or our souls. He ain't a preacher and we didn't hire him to "save" this nation. We hired him to not "F" it up if at all possible, failing that for him to do nothing and shut his goddamn cakehole until he can quietly exit the stage with a morsel of dignity.

So here's a piece of unsolicited advice, Mr. President, you have no jurisdiction over our souls. I don't trust you with our borders, why in god's name would I trust you with my soul? Please sir, shut up and close the border, there is literally no other way to say it.

Or I promise you this, I and other Americans will take it upon ourselves and do the job you refuse to do. Don't think for a second that I or we depend on you sir, that would be most foolish, Americans have in the past and will again step up to the plate and do the needful sir.

So lead, follow or get the hell out of the way!

Technorati Tags: , , , ,