Freedom Folks

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Addition To The Blogroll

Claimheamh has been added to the blogroll. Which of course means you should never, ever click over and check it out! :P



It appears the name 'Claimheamh' either refers to a big ass sword or a venereal disease, so it's hard to tell what the names' supposed to mean!



In scrolling through his blog I was struck by something he wrote in a piece entitled: Who am I to have a blog?



He writes...

I am not a high ranking member of government, nor a political pundit, I am not a history professor. I’m not the brightest flare in the pack; neither am I the dimmest. I don’t make a lot of money, and I could be called an “expert” in few categories.



What I am is often talked about but rarely heeded - I’m a working class American. I’m one of those “The American people” that somehow is a group well apart from our elected non-elected officials.

And this is exactly, exactly what we need more of, average Americans (who by the way I think are pretty damn smart as a rule) speaking out against the nonsense on stilts that permeates our society.



We have allowed the "experts" to hold sway for quite a while now and I think that experiment has been a miserable failure. I think the time has come for the 'punditocracy' to be challenged by the 'schmoeocracy.'



We couldn't possibly do worse.



As an aside, when I had finished my first manuscript I mentioned that fact to my sister who asked me, and I quote: who are you to write a book?



I've always wondered, because if I asked I'd probably have to punch her and that could be problematic holidays-wise, where exactly she thought authors came from? Harvard? Grown from special gourds? Imported from French Guyana?



Technorati Tags: , , ,



powered by performancing firefox