Freedom Folks

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Quotes Of The Day III

Overheard from one of Jay Bennish Professors...
Speaking of many students who passed through her department at NAU,
Raines said, "They care about social justice issues. They care about
making the world a better place. So, I'm not exactly surprised that
this is happening to Jay."

I realize personal responsibility is anethema to leftists but, this isn't "happening" to him, he brought it on himself by unprofessional conduct.

She goes on...

"I just think it's a shame that the conservative right-wingers can
try to dictate curriculum," Raines said. "I think it's a shame that he
could be suspended for trying to do what he does well, up there.

"My greatest hope is that it doesn't end a promising young career."

As opposed to say far left wingers driving curriculum? Oh, I'm sorry, that's redundant.

Another professor opines...

Raines said one legacy of Bennish's NAU experience is that he and his
fellow students were taught to be "change agents" and to "push the
envelope" a bit."

"I think teachers need to know what they stand for, and I think he
knows what he stands for," Raines said. "And yes, I think we have an
obligation not to press our own agendas in classrooms.

"But, let's face it. You can't hang up who you are at the door."

No, but you could pretend to be educators, not ideologues.

"Change agents?"

Technorati Tags: , ,